Saturday, April 9, 2011

?Love?

          jesus_holding_hands_with_child.jpg





                     I've been thinking a lot lately, about what love really is, or what it means to really love something, or someone. Some people think it's that mad crazy rush of butterflies when he smiles at you. Or that pounding of thoughts in your head that makes it so you can't concentrate in class or sleep at night. But I'm not so sure that's really what love is. Sure, I think sometimes love can make you feel that way, but love isn't that crazy part. It's that small simple tug in your heart, that little flicker that let's you know it's right, it's something good. When you have a completely selfless and genuine care for something or someone, that makes you want to be better. Love is so simple, and I feel that sometimes we don't see it because we're looking for this grandiose firework of obviousness. But love is so simple, and it's the simplest things that are often the hardest to understand. I'm not claiming to know exactly what love is, but like I said, it's just something I've really been thinking about. And not just like, 'let's get married love' but just love of people in general. Or love of good things, like music <3. Love can do amazing things, it's so powerful. I don't think we realize, how powerful. Like I've said earlier, I don't claim to fully comprehend love, but Imagine the things we could do in this world, if we really tried to do that, just simply listen, not judge, and try to understand. Maybe that's what love is, or rather, one way to show it...

1 comment:

  1. I agree. The problem is we think too hard about love. It's just a natural thing that grows. I'm learning this with Bear.

    ReplyDelete